Cogne's Lodestone Mines "Visitor Center of P.N.G.P. - Alpinart" /4

Page Type
Article
Activities:
Hiking
757 Hits
77.48% Score
Log in
to vote
Cogne's Lodestone Mines
Created On: Nov 16, 2016
Last Edited On: Nov 25, 2016

Mines Overview Artistic




But of all this long history since 1432 to July of 1979 what it is left? Something that brings us back to visit in time at least until the traces of the past Centuries?
In this regard, we must remember how the Fondation Grand Paradis has conducted a dedicated Memorial with the construction at the old Village of Cogne Miners of an exhibition center "Artistic Alpinart" consisting of an Exhibition on the magnetite Mines in Cogne, with illustration of the history, geology, mining, and the entire production complex activities. The same features used by miners, tools and clothes, and a screening of the movie "The mines" 1938, directed by Marco Elter for the Istituto Luce. An opportunity to combine a beautiful excursion to the classic and exploited Veins of Larsinaz, Costa del Pino, Colonna, Moline, below Mount Creya (3015m) with returning towards the Municipality of Cogne, a culturally interesting and rewarding visit, while the cost of the ticket for the visit inside is minimized (5 euros per person in summer 2016).

The Visitors Centre


The visitor center of the National Park of Gran Paradiso is in effect a real research lab. The basic idea revolves around the concept of use and land management, possible only through a thorough understanding of the relevant environmental data. Looking for a heterogeneous and diverse public (schools, tourists, residents and experts) offers visitors a wide spectrum of choice that the same can choose the most dramatic or emotional approach, otherwise dwelling on insights and treatments progressively more detailed. The water, the forest-pasture, the very wild fauna (ibexes, chamoises, eagles) and man are the themes that characterize the exhibition; the same is not organized in a mandatory linear path, while the cost of the ticket for the visit inside is reduced to a minimum (as above 5 euros per person in the entire year 2016). The Village of the Miners of Cogne, in the past it was the bottom of the valley landmark mining complex of Cogne. In it they were housed the miners' dormitory, some offices and the canteen of the mine; currently, in addition to the headquarters of the Fondation Grand Paradis, the Miners Village houses the visitors center of the Gran Paradiso National Park and the exhibition center Alpinart dedicated to alpine culture. In fact, the mine has marked the history of Cogne and the lives of its inhabitants for many centuries: the exhibition "The mine of Cogne-Exposure to keep alive the memory", staged at the Alpinart Exhibition Centre, it aims to be a first step to maintain memory of the mine, which is itself the Cogne story, as underlying track.

These are the main issues:

News, stories, details on the entire mining complex Cogne;

historical information "ab initio";

Antiquity and the Middle Ages;

The eighteenth and nineteenth centuries;

The experiment of Dr. Grappein;

the twentieth century;

Franz Elter;

The Second World War and the closure of the mines (July 1979);

"The mine of Cogne - Exposure to keep alive the memory."


for which what the visitor will choose its most congenial path according to specific interest purely personal and the desired level of detail with relative visits.

Old Miners Village between Montroz/Gimillan 2016
1898 until 1979 / 3 Visitors Center  Alpinart  2016
1898 until 1979 / 3 Near Cogne-Molline Exposure 2016


Ma di tutta questa lunga storia dal 1432 al Luglio del 1979 cosa rimane? Un qualcosa da visitare che ci riporti indietro nel tempo almeno fino agli ultimi Secoli?
A tale proposito dobbiamo ricordare come la Fondation Grand Paradis, operante nel Comprensorio di Cogne, ha effettuato uno specifico Memorial con la costruzione presso il vecchio Villaggio dei Minatori di Cogne del centro espositivo "Artistico Alpinart" consistente in una Mostra sulla Miniera di magnetite di Cogne, con illustrazione della storia, della geologia, del complesso minerario e dell’intera attività produttiva. La medesima presenta attrezzi ed indumenti utilizzati dai minatori e la proiezione del filmato "Le miniere" del 1938, realizzato da Marco Elter per l’Istituto Luce. Un'occasione in più per abbinare una bella Escursione con relativa visita ai classici e sfruttati Filoni Larsinaz, Costa del Pino, Colonna, Moline al di sotto del Monte Creya (3015 m) con, al ritorno verso il Comune di Cogne, una visita culturalmente interessante e gratificante proprio in tutti i sensi.

Il Centro visitatori


Il centro visite del Parco Nazionale del Gran Paradiso è a tutti gli effetti un vero e proprio laboratorio di ricerca. L’idea di base ruota intorno al concetto di utilizzo e gestione del territorio, possibile solo attraverso un’approfondita conoscenza dei relativi dati ambientali. Rivolto ad un pubblico eterogeneo e vario (scuole, turisti, residenti ed esperti) offre ai visitatori un ampio spettro di scelta per cui il medesimo può scegliere l’approccio più scenografico od emozionale, altrimenti soffermarsi su approfondimenti e trattazioni progressivamente più dettagliate. L’acqua, il bosco-pascolo, la fauna e l’uomo sono le tematiche che caratterizzano il percorso espositivo; lo stesso non risulta strutturato secondo un percorso lineare obbligato, mentre il costo del biglietto per la visita interna é ridotto al minimo (5 euro a persona nell'estate 2016). Il Villaggio dei Minatori di Cogne, in passato era il punto di riferimento di fondovalle del complesso minerario di Cogne. In esso erano ospitati il dormitorio dei minatori, alcuni uffici e la mensa della miniera; attualmente, oltre alla sede di Fondation Grand Paradis, il Villaggio Minatori ospita il centro visitatori del Parco Nazionale Gran Paradiso e il centro espositivo Alpinart dedicato alla cultura alpina. Infatti la miniera ha segnato la storia di Cogne e la vita dei suoi abitanti per molti secoli: la mostra "La miniera di Cogne - esposizione per tenere vivo il ricordo", allestita presso il centro espositivo Alpinart, vuole essere un primo tassello per mantenere la memoria della miniera, che pur è la storia di Cogne, come nella sottostante traccia.

Queste le principali tematiche:

Notizie, storie, dettagli sull'intero complesso minerario di Cogne;

Notizie storiche "ab initio";

Antichità e Medioevo;

Il Settecento e l'Ottocento;

L'esperimento del Dottor Grappein;

Il Novecento;

Franz Elter;

Il secondo dopoguerra e la chiusura delle miniere (Luglio 1979);

"La miniera di Cogne - Esposizione per tenere vivo il ricordo".


Per la quale cosa il visitatore sceglierà il suo percorso più congeniale a seconda dell’interesse specifico personale e del livello di approfondimento desiderato.






Getting There towards Cogne's Artistic "Alpinart"

By car:

  • From TORINO, MILANO, etc: Motorway A5. Exit at IVREA or Quincinetto (PIEDMONT)

    AOSTA West/Aymavilles, Cogne Municipalities.




    From Aymavilles (646m) towards Cogne Valley: Vieyes (1132m) towards Epinel, Crétaz Hamlets and Cogne (1534m); through Main Road. From Eastern Cogne Resort, near the triple crossroads (Lillaz, Colonna, Gimillan) to Montroz (1702m) and Gimillan (1785m) Villages. All the three last through Regional Roads from Cogne.

    Specific Roads to Artistic Center
    From Cogne's Center or through the North Ring reach the triple alternative (about 500 metres). Leaving right (East) the deviation to Moline and Lillaz Hamlets and abandoning left (Northwest) the Regional Road towards Montroz and Gimillan Villages, continue briefly with a secondary deviation to the left (North) reaching the Cogne's Miners Village (1626m). Or continuing through the last Regional Road until the second semi diagonal in Northeast followed by a short descent towards the Miners Village.

  • From FRANCE: through the Mont Blanc Tunnel to Entrèves-crossroads to Vény/Ferret Valleys - Mountain Guides of Courmayeur - La Saxe Rock Gym - Courmayeur.




    By Little Saint Bernard Hill, closed since November until half May to La Thuile Valley - Pré Saint Didier - Courmayeur.

    It is not necessary to take Motorway A5: you can drive on State Road n° 26, in the direction of AOSTA - IVREA - TURIN.


By plane:
  • Aeroporto Internazionale "Corrado Gex" Saint Christophe (Aosta)







Comments

No comments posted yet.



Cogne's Lodestone Mines "Visitor Center of P.N.G.P. - Alpinart" /4

Article
14 Images 0 Comments