Collado Piedra-Collado de Morca

Collado Piedra-Collado de Morca

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.76545°N / 1.81893°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Vertex of LoberaSummit

The "normal" (the most used for the people) route of Lobera it's the climb of the most popular route of Pico San Miguel (or Moncayo) to the upper part of the ridge and the climb from there, but it's not the most satisfactory to climb this peak if you search a new route and mountain in the range.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to trailhead of Santuario de la Virgen del Moncayo.

Route Description

Sketch of routeRoute from Santuario with Moncayo

The first part of the route it's the same of Moncayo: see Normal-sanctuary of this peak.
LoberaLobera
North ramp of LoberaLobera

In the Collado de la Piedra (2240m, 1h 10min) we leave the route of west side to Pico San Miguel (Moncayo). following the cairns of the edge of the ridge we'll climb in first time the nearest Morca (2280m,1h35min), also called Cerro del Corralejo, with some cairns on the summit. From this summit we'll descent in east side across a wide ramp of grassy and stones to the Collado del Morca (2144m, 1h 45min). An evident path is visible in the ramp north of the Lobera (ice and snow in winter) to reach the very wide upper side of the mountain. The summit is so wide what it's difficult to localize the geodesic vertex (really it's in east side 4 meters under the real highest point). In the summit the view of Peñas de Herrera, Cerro del Morrón and the rest of natural park it's nice.

In the return under the same route the peak Morca is evitated for the west to reach the col in an ascent of 100 meters of slope.

Another very good option for the descent it's across the route of Collado de Bellido.

Essential Gear

The range of Moncayo always had changing weathers conditions, jacket and gloves are advisables all the year.
In winter crampons and ice-axe are very advisibles (the fall in the cirque of San Miguel is really dangerous)

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

LoberaRoutes