Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Apr 25, 2010 8:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Great hike...

I love that hike and it is dog friendly, at least Duchess loved it...Moab is surrounded by national parks, but there is so much beautiful scenery outside the parks... Thanks for posting.

nader

nader - Apr 26, 2010 8:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great hike...

Thank you for looking and voting Liba,

You are right. It is not just the established parks around Moab, that entire area in Utah looks like a national park.

I had done the Goosberry Trail that morning and was done by noon. There was still plenty of time left so I did this beautiful little hike.

Stu Brandel

Stu Brandel - Aug 24, 2010 8:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Cables for Corona?

When I was there in late March 2009 there were no cables up by the Corona Arch moki steps.

nader

nader - Aug 25, 2010 8:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Cables for Corona?

Thanks for voting and commenting. I certainly did see and use cables by the trail that lead to the arch (April 2010). I did not look to see if there were any cables or steps to climb the arch itself, if that is what you are talking about.

Stu Brandel

Stu Brandel - Aug 27, 2010 1:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Cables for Corona?

Sorry - I did not look close enough at your picture. East of Corona Arch itself there is a buttress that has a series of small toeholds cut into it that can be used to ascend the buttress and the top of Corona Arch itself. These toeholds have with them cable holders but no cables when we were there. Without the cables it is steep and has a couple of very exposed places. A fall would be fatal in a couple. My 12 year old son declined to try (I was tempted but thought better of forcing him to try it). If the missing cables were there, he would have tried it.

nader

nader - Aug 27, 2010 5:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Cables for Corona?

I can only imagine, climbing toeholds with no cable, Scary!

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Dec 2, 2015 10:18 am - Voted 10/10

Nice page!

FYI-saw a piece on the news about the Arch: http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/info/newsroom/2015/january/blm_restricts_roped.html

nader

nader - Dec 2, 2015 10:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page!

Thank you for the vote and the link.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Corona Arch (Little Rainbow Bridge) & Bowtie Arch' main page