Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Nov 30, 1999
Activities Activities: Hiking, Scrambling, Canyoneering
Seasons Season: Spring

Crack in Spring

We had 4WD trucks and rode the jeep trail near to the entrance of the canyon. This was my first time doing a slot, and I was excited to have the experience.

There was a small bit of water trickling along the way, and we came to the first pothole and a small class 4 scramble. Some of the group used a log and rope that had been placed and tried to leap across the water (some were not sucessful on the way back) while a few of us chimney'd across and down.

The next section we were met up with was impassable without getting wet. On searching a bit, we found some cairns marking a way up to the rim, and avoiding the water and getting us past without missing hardly any of the canyon.

Still further up, we ran into another impassable part. The first one got wet, and volunteered to help the rest of us across.

The trip was wonderful, and the experience was one to remember. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but oh well, I shall return!

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Crack CanyonTrip Reports