Crater Lake Phantom Ship

Crater Lake Phantom Ship

A view of the Phantom Ship on Crater Lake from the boat tour.
LCannon
on Sep 20, 2007 10:21 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking
Image ID: 339197

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
395guy

395guy - Sep 21, 2007 12:03 am - Hasn't voted

Thielsen in the background?

Great picture. I loved being at Crater Lake last summer (Aug 2006). I can't help but notice, is that the tip of Mt Thielsen just to the left of Phantom Ship beyond the crater rim? It should be that direction (i.e., looking north). Thielsen is the only point outside of Crater Lake National Park where you can actually see Crater Lake itself. I had hoped to bag Mt Thielsen on my trip to Oregon last summer, but my legs were too zonked from running the marathon at Crater Lake the day before. Again, great shot.

LCannon

LCannon - Sep 21, 2007 12:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thielsen in the background?

I believe it is Thielsen you're seeing, there's a better view of it in my other photo of the lake. My plan on our vacation was to try to hike near the base of Mount Thielson, but my family was so tired of hiking after all the trails we traversed around Crater Lake we decided not to try it. I'd read your log about Mount Scott and your marathon, wow all in one day! Glad you liked the photo.

395guy

395guy - Sep 21, 2007 9:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thielsen in the background?

Thanks. It just gives me a reason to come back to Oregon... Thielsen, Mt Hood, 3 sisters, etc, etc, etc. Gotta love the Cascades. They're so different the mtns I'm mostly in (Sierra, Colorado, etc.).

Viewing: 1-3 of 3