Viewing: 1-7 of 7
stinkycheezman33

stinkycheezman33 - Dec 2, 2008 4:50 pm - Voted 10/10

great story

sounds like lots of fun. thanks for sharing :)

ScottyP

ScottyP - Dec 3, 2008 12:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Love it!

I was there the week after you and this TR brings it all back! I WANNA GO AGAIN!!!!!

Alpinist

Alpinist - Dec 5, 2008 10:42 am - Voted 10/10

Congrats

Nice TR and congrats on summiting both peaks!

JB99

JB99 - Dec 5, 2008 5:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks for posting.

Great trip report and very informative. I'm going to print it out and bring it with me for our trip. Thanks again and congratulations on the successful summit!

parky

parky - Dec 22, 2008 9:21 pm - Hasn't voted

different views

It was great to read your evocative report. As you comment, we managed to climb Orizaba the day before, and met you in the hut. I think we had a warmer day than you, so it was interesting to read your account of the crater still venting - we smelt (and saw) faint quantities of sulphur, but saw no venting at all, which I'm now disappointed about!

And though going up the snow chutes in the labyrinth seems the best option in most people's view, I quite enjoyed taking the scramble along the top of the pronounced rock rib on the far right side of the labyrinth. It avoided snow all the way till just above high camp, though coming back it was far easier to use snow all the way.

Haliku

Haliku - Dec 23, 2008 9:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: different views

Thanks for reading and commenting. The 'steam' from the crater could of been a temp difference in the air in the crater vs above. I didn't get too close to check! The spine is a fine way to climb also but coming from the hut to the summit we wanted to ease the slog. Nice pics from your trip btw. Happy Holidays!

RayMondo

RayMondo - Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Teotihuacán

I have great memories of Teotihuacán. Especially the hospitality extended to me from the Mexican Open Badminton Championships. Next time I play it, I'll first go high for a week and then back down to the City's 7,360ft.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Culture and Climbing in Mexico' main page