Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 37.87720°N / 119.211°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 25, 2005
This was a fun hike. After I had to turn around at 13000 feet on Russel the previous day, when the Owen's Valley suddenly filled with clouds, I was somewhat frustrated. So I headed up to Yosemite where the weather was perfect as you can see in the pictures and climbed Dana. I left the parking lot at 5:30 summited 2 hours later and decided to hike over to that peak next to Dana (at the time I did not know that it was Gibbs). It was an easy hike down Dana's South side (not too much snow left) and a fun class 2-3 scramble up the fractured ridge to Gibb's summit. At 12,500 feet I ran into a fox, which hurried away from me as fast as possible. No summit registry on top but a nice view of Dana, Conness, McClure, etc. I descended almost straight north along the ridge back to the Dana Meadows and the parking lot where I arrived at 11am. I then climbed Tresidder Peak just a few miles west. Back home, I wanted to do a little bit of research on what I had climbed and discovered that the peak was named Mount Gibbs after I consulted the Topo maps. However, at SummitPost, I could not find an entry for that mountain and I therefore jumped on the opportunity to maintain the page on this mountain. It is my first one and very likely also my last, because I am sure there are few mountains out there that have not been "discovered" for SummitPost.com yet.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mount GibbsTrip Reports