Deibler's Gap

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.62900°N / 76.814°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 1)
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the instructions in the "getting there" section up until when you reach Millersburg.
From Millersburg:
Continue north on Route 147 for one mile. You'll see a cemetary on the right called Oak Hill Cemetary. The first road past the cemetary is where you'll want to turn right. Continue up the hill to a four way intersection. From here turn left onto Shippy Dam Road. Take this all the way out along the mountain. It will then ascend the low spot in the ridge and continue around the north side of the mountain to where you'll reach a power cut. Park along the road and this is where you'll start your hike.

Route Description


This route is a nice hill walk-up to the top. You'll gain about 200ft. in getting to the top of the ridgeline. Views will extend north and south and are pretty vast in both directions. To the south you'll see Berry Mountain and beyond that, Peters Mountain. To the north you'll see the Susquehanna along with Hooflander Mountain. The round-trip distance is about 1 mile and is a wonderful little short hike when time is limited.

Essential Gear


Comfortable shoes and a snack.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.