Devils Causeway September 6 2008

Devils Causeway September 6 2008

Page Type Page Type: Album

Devils Causeway

September 6: Devils Causeway (Colorado)

After getting the weekend off last minute, we hurried and packed the gear Friday night to head off to the Flat Tops. We arrived fairly late and camped just below Stillwater Reservoir.

In the morning (sort of chilly, but not cold: 31F), Shaylee (four years old), Kessler (six years old), Kim and I set off for the Devils Causeway. It was very windy and somewhat chilly so Shaylee and Kim decided to head down at timberline and just below the saddle north of the Causeway. Kessler and I went up to and over Peak 11820 to the Causeway and he had a lot of fun crossing it. I made sure he held my hand the entire time.

After crossing the causeway, we headed SW and completed the entire Causeway Loop (10.5) miles. It was a great day; quite windy and chilly but with zero threat from thunderstorms.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.