Devils Peak Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.71830°N / 121.9194°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble / Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Moderate
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Take Hwy 46 East from Detroit Lake. Just past Cleator Bend C.G. take a right on to road #2231. After about 2 miles take a left on to road #870. Follow this road for about 7 miles (to nearly the end) You'll find yourself just below the ridge top. There is an old narow, rocky jeep trail you can drive to a ridge top clearing that makes for a good parking spot. Or you can park back on road #870 .

Route Description


The best way to do this route is to stay on the ridge top. You'll start out wacking through thick manzanita bush coming out to an occasional clearing that appears to be an old jeep trail. Some maps show a trail along this ridge but down a bit on the eastern face. This scramble soon will intersect trail #3345 which will then take you to trail #3373. After aboul a mile you'll be right below the entrance to Boca Cave. (It's worth the straight up scramble to view this cave). Continue on trail #3373 around Spire Rock to the trail intersection. Take a left on to trail #3374 to the summit. This a really cool playground!

Essential Gear


Long sleeves, long pants & gators. And as always....map, compass,or a GPS.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.