Doble Via

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.10 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Cerro Quemado





Doble Via is in the El Robot Section of Cerro Quemado and can be climbed as a two pitch or long single pitch route using two ropes. There are anchor rings near the top so that it can be top roped if desired. The route is also bolted so you have the choice of using gear or not. You will need a full set of friends including a #4 cam to climb this very cool crack. At the beginning of the climb there is a sweet ceiling to greet you.


Route Description

Cerro Quemado


The route begins with a nice scramble over a ceiling. It then follows a two inch crack that grows wider as it goes up. A full set of cams and friends, and nuts are needed although we were able to climb it with four cams including a #4. The crux is near the top where crack begins to go horizontal. Note that this route is not part of the very wide crack seen in the image. Doble Via is the narrow crack to the right of this. The name of the route was given because Luis Arango was climbing and fell, and as he was hanging, he couldn't tell if he was facing up or down.

Essential Gear

Cerro Quemado



Full rack including a #4 cam.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.