East Baldy Trail #95

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 33.90580°N / 109.5625°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Moderate Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The East Baldy Trail starts at Phelps Cabin Trailhead, located 4 miles south of the Sheep Crossing Trailhead on forest road 273. The trailhead is well marked.

Route Description


The East Baldy Trail runs along the east fork of the Little Colorado River through a lush meadow for about a mile. Then, it enters a thick and shady forest and climbs up some switchbacks to a ridge. Then the trail opens up and meanders through some very cool looking rock formations before re-entering the forest.

The trail connects with the West Baldy Trail at a saddle point next to Mount Thomas. The trail from here to the top of Mount Baldy is on reservation land, and closed to non-tribal members.

You can descend the same way or continue down the West Baldy Trail to hike the loop.

Essential Gear


No gear required. The trail is well marked and well maintained.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.