Eastern slope

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 50.77000°N / 115.19°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: moderate
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Starting from the first switchback after the bridge on the Fortress Ski Area access road, head into the bush at 180ยบ (directly south). After crossing a fairly obvious drainage, continue in a more south western direction until you find a second drainage higher up. Do NOT follow the first drainage up. Head up (west) the second drainage.

Once you find the right drainage, head up the gully until you get above the treeline, and then follow the ridge that goes straight up a bit to the left. Follow this all the way to the summit.

Route Description


See main page for route description.

Essential Gear


It would be wise to bring a helmet. There were were a number of rock falls while we were climbing. Luckily none were occurring above us!

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.