Eggenkofel Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 12, 2004 3:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, master!

Klenke

Klenke - Oct 12, 2004 4:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Are you egging me on, Gangolf?

I'll be back in a week with a couple more of my own...if I can get off my lazy butt and write them up.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 12, 2004 4:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Paul! Can you feel the heat? Someone's breathing down your back? The fact is that I don't have much more to do at night since my girlfriend does a project for Ericsson in Sweden (maybe I told this before) and only returns for the weekends :-(



And I told you last night (well, here it was night) that I would be posting a mountain with nicer pictures.



Had a promise to keep, so to say ;-)



Have a good one!

Bor

Bor - Oct 12, 2004 4:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The pages are coming and coming...!!!



Nice Gangolf!!



I will write too a lot of pages..but I have to much for study!! :-(



Cheers Bor!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 12, 2004 4:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Bor! I'll take it easier in the future but somehow Eggenkofel had to be posted. The pictures kept calling me out of the hard drive: "Post me! Post me!



So what could I do?



:-))

Bor

Bor - Oct 12, 2004 4:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Simply answer! Post it! :-)

tlogan

tlogan - Oct 12, 2004 9:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

another good one...

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 13, 2004 3:14 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

hehe. Paul Klenke is already getting nervous ;-)

Johan Heersink

Johan Heersink - Oct 13, 2004 3:33 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Now that I am finally back from summer, I guess it is time to rate some of you new work. Good to see that you keep up your high quality standard, and that you have developed into what is probably the most prolific SP author.

Nelson

Nelson - Oct 13, 2004 8:26 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another fantastic page from you! Just to clarify: "Dolomites" is a geologic classification rather than a geographic one? Until now I always though Dolomites meant Italy. You learn something every day.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 13, 2004 8:43 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Nelson! I'm not sure why the Lienz Dolomites are not counted among the real ones. But the fact is that the rock composition may be the reason. Dolomite is a kind of limestone rock (I would have to look it up myself) but you can see for yourself on Marco's "Dolomite Mountains" page. All of the Dolomite groups were reefs and atolls in a sea, 400 million years ago and you often can see fossile shells in the rock.



Anyway, the mountains are named after the rock and the rock is named after the french geographer Dolomieu.



School lesson over (too many teachers in my family - must be in the genes)



Have a good one ;-)

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Oct 13, 2004 12:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another beautiful submission Gangolf! nice job!

-Britt

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 13, 2004 3:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Britt! I take my day off today to prepare some sections for Marcos Peralba and Hohe Warte pages. I've been busy for two hours now but haven't even started yet! Still mustering the data :-(

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Oct 13, 2004 2:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

One more nice summit!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 13, 2004 3:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

One of many to come! I'm preparing some entries for Marco's Carnic Alps pages and the Western Main Ridge Subgroup Page and I'm astonished how many "soon to be submitted" I have already put in. And I'm only halfway through with the list.



I must be insane!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Oct 13, 2004 4:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

He, he, that's the consequence of too long hollidays. And also you girlfriend shares her part of responsibility, running all the time with you (actually I see her on pictures allways ahead of you).

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 13, 2004 6:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Of course you won't believe it but she hikes ahead because she walks slower than I would do. It is annoying to always drift apart so I go behind.



But the upside to this is that i (typical stupid male) would go far too fast if I went alone. I remember that in 2000 on Seebödenspitze, when she had a knee injury, I hiked the last 800m of altitude in 40 minutes - I didn't want to keep her waiting too long. Silly me! She was enjoying Cofee and Apfelstrudel while I was tearing the lung out of my body.



With age comes wisdom - now I let her walk steadily ahead and though it seems slow progress its faster than most other parties go.



Anyway, you don't need to be sorry for her because she introduced me to mountains 14 years ago. Before I was the typical beach volleyball kid.......

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Oct 14, 2004 7:35 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

A fine story of you two. My Jasmina is different. She goes very fast, even now, when she's 50. So usually I have a small rucksack and she nothing, or I have a normal rucksack and she a light one. So we are equal. And this year she was far more fit than me. Only after 3 days in Dolomites I sweated out all body junk.



800m in 40 minutes is great. I'd be also proud of that in my best days, although even now with Jasmina we go much faster than average (young) mountaineers. Some 5 years ago, when we climbed Triglav from Vrata (good 1800m) in 3:45, and tracked our regression from past, better times, we estimated, that with such a trend, we shall need the normal 6 hours for the ascent at our age 140 years or so. (Yeah, I know, the trend will not be linear all the time.) But what counts most is loving mountains, not how fast you walk.



Cheers!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Oct 14, 2004 9:54 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

See, I try to be like you in every respect :-) First hand-made maps, now I'm trying to write also trip reports.



Enough joking. It's a fine exercise in English, isn't it? I was pleasantly surprised when you started writing them. Now I invite you to read my story with a great title: The Deceiving Stone Man :-))

Antonio Giani

Antonio Giani - Oct 19, 2004 1:59 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

prego Gangolf



Ciao Antonio

Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Return to 'Eggenkofel' main page