Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 25.24731°N / 100.3554°W
Additional Information County: Coahuila
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 11483 ft / 3500 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Coahuilon, is located on Coahuila State right in front from la Martha or El morro as other may call it.
The highest point is about 11,500 feets or 3,500 meters above sea level.
You have to ways to get there:
1.- Following the walking trail
2.- Following the dirty road

They call this mountain "El Coahuilon" because this mean the Big Coahuila Mountain, but it is not really the highest mountain from Coahuila.
The highest is "La viga" with 3,700 meters above sea level

Getting There

If you go from Monterrey city you have to drive the road to Saltillo, then you take the toll road to Matehuala, drive about 20 mins and take the road to San Antonio de las Alazanas (that is the 3rd canyon on your left when you have taken the toll road).
Drive about 30 mins more pass San Antonio de las Alazanas and go ahead to Monterreal resort, pass Monterreal and take the dirty road to "Mesa de Tablas" there´s a sign you can see "to Los Oyameles or Renacer de la sierra" you take your left on that sign.

Once you have to cross a hill and on your right you can see the big mountain.
I will add coordenates where the trail walk starts.

Red Tape

You don´t have to paid anything to go to the summit.
Be aware of using fire.

Camping

Camp is allowed on the summit and there are a lot of spots previous to the summit you can also camp.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mountains of CoahuilaMountains & Rocks