Elati

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.54740°N / 21.53570°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


This route begins from Elati village. Elati is a tourist village in the slopes of Koziakas. The village is on 930m altitude where the route is beginning. Elati is 32Km far from Trikala city on the road to Pertuli's ski center.

Route Description


The trek begins from the center of the village Elati. We are following the dirt-road to Kalogiromandri area, until the end. The road passes near by the Psorolithi spring (20 minutes), from Poulimen spring (1 hour) and finish in Kalogiromandri (2 hours). From Kalogiromandri there is no well signed path but we have to go traversing the slopes with North direction. After an hour trekking into the forest we meet the path that is climb up from ski center and follow it. In 10 minutes we reach the Mpakola plateau where there is the refuge. From here there is nice view from surrounded peaks and in 20 minutes is the route to the highest peak of Koziakas, Chatzipetros 1901m.

Essential Gear


There is no special gear, just good trekking boots

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

KoziakasRoutes