Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Dean

Dean - Aug 5, 2009 5:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Any guess..

..on how far it would be to hike from the highway? My wife's Caravan isn't much of an off road car so I'll be forced to walk from the first spot where the road gets rough. Normally I would have my Tacoma truck but not this trip. I'm looking at doing this one tomorrow on our way up to Washington. Thanks for another neat Nevada peak.

rayray

rayray - Aug 5, 2009 6:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Any guess..

Thanks for the comments! From the highway, you're looking at 5.8 miles one-way. You could probably get to a point NW of Tabletop Mountain w/o abusing the Caravan. Roads should be good at least to that point as long as you take it easy. Hope you have a good trip (both to WA and Ellen D)! Let me know how it goes.
Ray

Dean

Dean - Aug 8, 2009 9:50 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Any guess..

We didn't go via Jackpot so it'll wait until another time when I can get both Knoll and Ellen D on the same trip. Weather looked lousy at the time we were heading west (rain and wind)

rayray

rayray - Aug 8, 2009 7:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Any guess..

Too bad...I can attest to the bad wx as I was on Nannies Peak that day. Better luck (and wx) next time. Take care...

romo - May 5, 2016 5:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Name

As of May 4, 2016 there is a proposal to change the name Ellen D to "L and D". The letters standing for a mother's and daughter's first names. This may not happen because Ellen D has been in use for so long and does the community of Contact want the name changed and is there truth to "L and D". These are some of the things the Nevada Board on Geographic Names go through.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Ellen D Mountain' main page