Enchantment Peak is on the...

Enchantment Peak is on the...

Enchantment Peak is on the left and Prusik Peak/Temple Ridge are to its right in this photo of the upper Enchantment Lakes basin and Aasgard Pass, taken from the SE ridge of Dragontail Peak.
Bob Bolton
on Jan 4, 2003 6:19 pm
Image ID: 15567

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Dean

Dean - Jan 4, 2003 8:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice

Yup, another of your nice pics. Thanks for posting it.

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Jan 4, 2003 9:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice

Thanks! It's amazing what you find when you go through the slides looking for something specific. :-)



Bob

Dave K - Jan 4, 2003 11:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice

I agree with Dean--a very nice picture Bob!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jan 6, 2003 4:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Gorgeous!

Gorgeous!

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Jan 6, 2003 7:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Gorgeous!

Thanks Aaron! Judging from your summit log posts, I might conclude that you've never done any climbing in WA, true? I'm hoping SP will somehow inspire you to give it a try someday. And I'm not primarily talking about the volcanoes, although they're great too. The North Cascades (essentially from about where this photo was taken stretching north into southern BC) are great in many ways, such as being mathematically the most rugged and "biggest" moutains in the 48 states (in terms of average local relief). And with everything from rain forest to high lush meadows, and from waterfalls to icefalls, they're also incredibly beautiful mountains! :-) If you're at all interested, here are some links to photo albums with which I attempt to substantiate that claim. :-)



Alpine Lakes Wilderness

Ptarmigan Traverse country

Glacier Peak Wilderness

Samples from North Cascades National Park and environs.

Cascade Pass area

A trip in Glacier Peak Wilderness (three linked albums).



Bob

Viewing: 1-5 of 5