Espolón de Oro Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Wandering Sole Images

Wandering Sole Images - May 10, 2007 5:04 am Date Climbed: Mar 23, 2006

Spectacular!  Sucess!

Taking the last few steps to the summit was exhilerating. There's just something about those last steps when the views open up into a 360 degree panorama. It was a perfect ending to my trip to Mexico and one more step towards reaching higher elevations. I hope to be going to Aconcagua in a not-too-distant future!

1mvertical

1mvertical - May 7, 2007 1:52 pm Date Climbed: Jan 17, 2006

finshed this route...  Sucess!

Did a variation of this route. Basically climbed to the Jampa and then traversed to this line for the finish.

big_g

big_g - Jun 15, 2006 3:05 am Date Climbed: Feb 14, 2003

Espolón de Oro up / Jamapa down  Sucess!

I hiked in to Piedra Grande from Hidalgo and spent the night with four others. Around 02:30 the next morning I was off, but in hindsight I should have slept in.

I got off route in the dark and blew a good four hours in the scree on the side of the sarcofago. After sunup I was appalled at my stupidity. I eventually made my way back to the trail but it was late and my legs were tired already.

But I pushed on to the summit. It was a long day for me but well worth it. Beautiful views and I had the climb and summit to myself. I found a bit larger crevasses on El Espolon de Oro (two 10-12 inch-sized ones) so on the way down I trended right following the standard route.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Espolón de Oro' main page