Estana-Canal del Cristall

Estana-Canal del Cristall

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.28601°N / 1.63722°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

It's the most advisable route to climb Vulturó.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to Estana.

Route Description

Summit of Vulturó

We begin in the village of Estana walking the forest track to Coll dels Pallers. In the col we follow in front the signal to Prat del Cadí. The path is nice across a forest to reach the Collet Roig with some views of the range. Following the path we reach Prat del Cadí, a beautiful place with a green field and the range in front of us with a lot of nice peaks and aiguilles. We turn to right following the marks of paint yellow and white walking in the forest across stony ground to reach the bottom of couluoir, the Canal del Cristall. We climb a little in right side (very easy in dry conditions) to enter in the narrow pass walking among the stones. In the center of the couluoir we turn to left to reach the upper part turning to left to a big hillside with millions of small stones and scree. It’s a big area and you can decide the best place but it’s always bad. In this area is necessary the use of crampons if remain some of snow (spring). We walk with a lot of patient to reach the final of coulouir with two possibilities, left or right. Bot exits are possibles but the path goes in righ side, climbing some big stones (easy) to reach the coll of Canal del Cristall ( 2.510 m ) with a metallic signal.

In left side is the route to the peak Costa Cabirolera (2,604m) but we turn to right passing under the ridge to reach a big plateau. We walk in right direction to reach the upper part turning to left to reach the rocky area of the summit of Vulturó (2,653m)

Essential Gear

At the end of winter or spring you need crampons and ice-axe in the couluoir of Canal del Cristall (45º).

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

VulturóRoutes