Fall Hike on Antelope Island

Fall Hike on Antelope Island

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Elephant Head / Split Rock Loop Trial

I have been out to Antelope Island numerous times, primarily to do Frary Peak. Since, the weather was not going to work out for me to do Mount Timpanogos I chose to head out to Antelope to get away instead. I chose to hike to the top of Elephant Head. The hike to Elephant Head is nothing tough, really easy going. The only tough part was running into a buffalo that was on the last part of the trail and he wouldn’t move, so I had to head straight up to get to the top. The top of Elephant Head offers fantastic views of the Great Salt Lake and the West Desert mountain ranges.
Not ready to go home I decided to do the Split Rock Loop trail. Not wanting to run into the same buffalo, I went off trial and headed down the south face of Elephant Head to meet up with the Split Rock Loop trial. Split Rock is almost 5 miles round trip and takes you further into the interior of the Island.
This was a great day to do these two hikes together with total mileage hiked around 14 miles. The best part of this hike is I didn’t see anyone else on the trail. It gave me a great sense of solitude.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.