Ferrata Pietra di Bismantova

Ferrata Pietra di Bismantova

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.41762°N / 10.41212°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

 

Overview

2 nice via ferrata in the heart of the Appennini Mountains in northern Italy: Via Ferrata Pietra di Bismantova e Ferrata Ultimo Sole.

Unnamed Image

 

Getting There

The parking place is located right outside the italian mountain village of Castelnovo nè Monti, near the town of Reggio Emilia.

The exact address is "Piazzale Dante, Castelnovo nè Monti, Reggio Emilia, Italy"

 

Route Description

From the parking place, walk up towards the Shelter (Rifugio della Pietra). Right under the shelter (5' from the car) take the path on the right with directions towards "Ferrata degli Alpini". Follow the red-white sign passing by th climbing routes until you reach the beginning of the via ferrata. Two descending parts at the beginning, then 45' right vertical to get in the top.

Climbing path
Difficult passage

Once finished the ferrata, walk on the opposite side of the moutain (west side) looking for a wired cable set on a tree. There you can take the newly built easy via ferrata down (20').

Passage on the way down
Ferrata Ultimo Sole

 

https://www.ferrate365.it/vie-...

 

Essential Gear

The usual equipment for Via Ferrata (helmet, via ferrata kit, harness). Eventually it can be useful gloves if you take the Ferrata Ovest descending.

External Links

 

https://www.ferrate365.it/vie-...

https://www.ferrate365.it/vie-...



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.