Flat Top Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Dean

Dean - Jun 1, 2009 6:57 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks

I'm glad to hear about the road not being blocked since I'll be going back up there friday with a friend from Seattle who is chasing all of the ultra peaks. I'll double check the 4.5 miles listed and enter the updated mileage via the Lewiston route. I have gone ahead and linked this trip report to the Flat Top SP page. Let me know if I can share info on stuff as we both live in Lehi. Welcome to SP.

csfoster

csfoster - Jun 1, 2009 1:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

That would be great to double check the mileage. The 4.5 miles might be spot on, but it did seem longer than that to me. It may be due to that fact that it is the first hike of the season for me and I am a little out of shape. Out of curiosity what do you use to record mileage on a hike?

Dean

Dean - Jun 1, 2009 2:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Thanks

I use a Garmin 60CS gps. Very accurate in recording mileage. I also use a Magellan Sport Trak pro and when I'm on solo hikes, I use them both (don't want to get lost) and both of them are generally pretty close on the mileage. I like the presentation on the Garmin better.

morgthom75

morgthom75 - Jun 1, 2009 4:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Report

I don't know, but it seems like you had a pretty strong hiking partner.... He definately had to keep you going so you didn't quit... Thanks again bro!! This hike almost KILLED ME!! A good reminder to get my butt back into shape.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Flat Top Peak' main page