Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Vitaliy M.

Vitaliy M. - May 22, 2013 5:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Beautiful

Thank you for posting these beautiful pictures and your story. Will know not to lay my wallet on any desks when I am out there!

rgg

rgg - May 22, 2013 7:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful

Thanks Vitaly. It's always a good idea to keep an eye on your valuables. It just so happens that while traveling, there are so many new impressions that you can get distracted much more easily than at home. While I blame the robbers, I don't blame the country of Peru at all - the same happens to tourists everywhere. The only thing special about this location is that Yungay seemed such a peaceful place, sleepy even, making it easier to let your guard down.
Have fun in Peru; I can't wait to read your trip reports!

albanberg

albanberg - May 23, 2013 5:13 pm - Voted 10/10

cool

Great to read about your trip. It's really cool that you did Huascaran.

rgg

rgg - May 23, 2013 11:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: cool

Thanks. As for HuascarĂ¡n, I'll post a trip report about my second attempt at Sur very soon, so you can read all about it.

markhallam

markhallam - May 27, 2013 1:38 am - Voted 10/10

Lovely mountain...

I agree it is a great looking area - starting with your fairy tale camp by the lake, with that heavenly back drop. I have visited enough places in the mountains to know how that photo won't have been able to do the place justice - and how it will have been to actually be there. And I liked the look of the route - some nice snow climbing followed by a fantastic arete to the top.
Great stuff!
Best wishes, Mark

rgg

rgg - May 28, 2013 7:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Lovely mountain...

It's a nice glacier climb, not really difficult, but the steep access onto the ridge certainly adds to the fun. The summit ridge was very scenic, but easy to climb, really. Never narrow enough to worry falling off. In fact, one could have camped on the ridge, and even on the summit.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'From a disaster area and getting robbed, to a beautiful climb - Four months in Peru, Part XI' main page