From Gressoney laTrinitè

From Gressoney laTrinitè

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.83074°N / 7.78577°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Great panorama on the southern side of Monte Rosa and Lyskamm's summits .
Rothorn 3152 m.











Getting There

Highway A8 To-Ao ; Pont S. Martin ; Gressoney La Trinitè ( AO ).

Route Description

Rothorn
From Gressoney the Trinitè, in Underwoald locality (little church , grocery), follows the path with signs n°. 10 that knows them steep on the East flank of the Testa Grigia . Lend attention, after approximately 30 min. of way, to a little obvious crossroad ; take the one's that goes to right and leads to Hockene Stei 2350 m. (alp placed on a wonderful panoramic balcony) 2,30 h. Following the identifying bubbles proceed always in direction NW, exceeds itself wraps it full of upper rocks by an easy couloir (passage equipped with metallic cable) and reach on the stony terraces at hight 2900 m. approximately under the SE side of the Rothorn (1,00 h). The identifying bubbles lead towards N to the shoulder of the Kleine Rothorn 3025 m. ; in proximity of the SE side left them and to aim for crest ENE in its point of easier access. Follow light traces of passage on the SE side , through short and easy rocks, and in last the easy crest that , with some easy passage of climb , take to the top (1,00 h).
The final part of the hiking route
Rothorn 3152 m.





Essential Gear

Normal equipements for hiking in high level ; eventually a short rope for less expert people .

External Links

C2C link







The last easy climbing rocks take to the top
Rothorn 3152 m.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.