Parking area under planina ( moutain pasture ) Kuhinja
( 990 m ).In village Kamno
turn from road Kobarid - Tolmin
and at local road drive by villages Vrsno
Route DescriptionThis is winter ascent:
see exact before self and we can take a look at direction of ascent.From parking area start to which round road and without special problems reach moutain pasture Zaslap
( 1360 m ).Left over us is atop Kozeljak
( 1591 m ) over wich goes by ridge to Krn
.Marked way makes large bow from right against left and reaches post where ridge Kozeljak
.Slope against Kozeljak is a lot demandingly so traverse to the right back with deep ravine on right.By back trough ravine rise up to steepnesses over us , there traverse left to saddle underneath top slope of Krn. Walk in upper part is dangerous because we traverse avalanges ravine
s.Ground against summit is tolerably bold.Can rise up for path in snow or directly.Hut Gomiskovo zavetisce and bivouac
( 2210 m ) stands 34 meters underneath summit
.Way to summit is usually more rocky and that is why more demanding.Tremendous view from summit! We descent by the same way.
Time Required ( 7 - 9 h )
- planina ( moutain pasture ) Kuhinja - saddle underneath Krn 2 - 3 h
- saddle underneath Krn - Krn 2 - 2:30 h
- Krn - saddle underneath Krn 1:30 - 2 h
- saddle underneath Krn - planina ( moutain pasture ) Kuhinja 1:30 - 2 h
- Krnsko pogorje in Kobarid. Planinska zveza Slovenije. 1:25000
- Julijske Alpe, zahodni del (western part). Planinska zveza Slovenije. 1:50000
- Or click here ( interactive map )
Crampons and an ice axe in winter period.
Attention on often afternoon fog.Problems with orientation.
Slope of Krn is exellent ground for ski moutaineering in winter period!