Geneva Mountain

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.54800°N / 105.69431°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log
Add Essential Gear text here.

Overview

Geneva Mountain is a nice little 12er in the Mount Evans Wilderness. It has a nice hike to it requiring a little over 8 miles round trip and just under 1200' of gain. This would be a route to consider for winter hiking, as it traverses the ridgetop, and I would suspect holds little snow with few areas to worry about for avalanches. Always check with available avalanche resources before attempting ANY winter ascent of ANY peak.

Getting There

This assumes you know something about the area:

Drive I-70 west from Denver to Georgetown, drive through Georgetown to the Guanella Pass road. Park at the pass. This is the trailhead.

From the parking area, head south PAST the Bierstadt trail to the Rosalie trail (which, strangely, doesn't go to Rosalie).

Route Description

Trail starts out as an old road, then eventually fades into obscurity. Continue on, following the ridge top traverse to the summit. Return the same way you came.

External Links

Geneva Mountain Stats, courtesy of ListsofJohn.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.