Glacier of Ossoue

Glacier of Ossoue

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.77316°N / 0.14295°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: P.D.-
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The normal route goes across glacier of Ossoue

Getting There

See the main page

Route Description

Col de ChausenqueCol de Chausenque
Pointe de ChausenqueEast ridge

After 3h of walk from Barrage d'Ossoue or 1h from refuge de Bayssellance we'll arrive to glacier across the normal route of great part of the peaks of Vignemale massif.

From the entry of the glacier d'Ossoue is very important to know what it exists a lot of crevasses in the area near of the first summit of Chausenque, named Epaule (Espalda) de Chausenque (3154m). For this reason you must walk to left side to get the path in the snow or ice in the centre of glacier and it's important don't walk near of the wall of right side (after a recent snowfall the crevasses are not visibles ). In the area of plateau glacier you must turn to right side in direction to lowest point of the south ridge of Pt.Chausenque. The exit from glacier to rock has a break / hole (rimaya) but generally without complications. Climb the rock (I+) to right side the reach the Col of Chausenque between Pointe and Epaule. In the ridge in right side it's possible to descent to the secondary summit Epaule de Chausenque (3154m) in a few of minutes. Turn to left to walk near of the edge following a narrow path. After some stepcrossings of II and II- in the centre of the ridge you arrive to the easy last part of the ridge and the summit. The return is the same route (with attention to see the points of turning in the ascent).

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe all the year.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.