Viewing: 1-7 of 7
dadndave

dadndave - Apr 10, 2017 12:39 am - Voted 10/10

Memories..

I went to Glen Affric as a kid. The main thing I remember was swimming in the loch. Bloody freezing - and that was in August!!

Great page.

markhallam

markhallam - Apr 10, 2017 1:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Memories..

Thanks
I think I'd have thought the Loch was freezing in August when I was a kid. It is only as a well insulated 50+ that I have been drawn towards daft things like wild swimming in the winter.
best wishes Mark

Jake

Jake - Apr 22, 2017 4:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Great...

...story thanks for sharing.

markhallam

markhallam - May 1, 2017 1:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great...

Thanks Jake, enjoyable to share a great experience

Loränd

Loränd - May 2, 2017 1:24 pm - Hasn't voted

unable to use forum

Hey folks, sorry for posting this here, but apparently I'm unable to contact the people in charge on this matter, I wrote to the elves (?), no reply.

I'm unable to post anything to the forum or DM to members, on the forum page at the bottom I'm getting:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Can somebody please help me? Thank you!

markhallam

markhallam - May 4, 2017 1:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: unable to use forum

Hi Loränd
Sorry you are having difficulties. Being in the comments section of a specific Trip Report, this is not the right place to place this kind of query, but I appreciate as a new member you didn't know where else to go.
I am sure one of the Elves will be able to help you. But they give us all the benefit of their skills on a purely voluntary basis and quite rightfully keep their own hours - and they go climbing too! Another thing is that as with just about anything on the web temporary glitches occur on SP and you can find something suddenly just doesn't work and/or there is difficulty accessing the site. In that instance I just give up and try again later and more often than not it works again. I suspect sometimes an Elf has to do a quick fix.
Anyway, just in case there is some kind of problem with your log-in (which is fairly new, I note) I have sent the Elves a PM (personal message) under my log-in with your details. If that doesn't produce a reply soon then I suspect just at the moment they are all away.
The only other thing I can suggest is try creating a new log-in. You haven't posted anything on SP yet, so not a problem to start again.
Kind regards Mark

Loränd

Loränd - May 5, 2017 5:08 am - Hasn't voted

Re: unable to use forum

Thanks, Mark, and sorry again for littering your page! :^) I am not impatient, but had the feeling that maybe not even my PM to the elves went through... If I don't get a reply, I might just try to register a new user.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Glen Affric: a winter's journey 2017' main page