Golfer's Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.85811°N / 119.4373°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.7 PG13
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.7 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Golfer's Route provides an excellent introduction to easy knob climbing in Tuolumne Meadows. It also introduces climbers to the exciting protection opportunities, or at times lack thereof, in Tuolumne.

This is an excellent climb with only a few moves of 5.7 on the whole thing and some amazing climbing on golf ball sized knobs, hence the name.

Getting There

See approach directions on Low Profile Dome page, this should be the route directly in front of you as the trail ends at the dome, to the right of the right-facing corner (Skywalker)

Route Description

This route can be done as a single long pitch or as two shorter (90') pitches.

P1 - 5.7 - Hike up easy knob climbing to a crux step over section to the anchors above this

P2 - 5.7 - Crux of this pitch is shortly after the anchor. After climbing past several bolts, enjoy the run out gol fball sized knobs. The pitch ends at the obvious bolt and tied off column with (as of 2011) good yellow webbing and chains from the bolt.

To descend, rappel the route. For an excellent top rope, traverse across the ledge two sets of anchors down from where you are and top rope the first and second pitches of Darth Vader's Revenge. Always yield to parties leading this route, as it is of very high quality.

Essential Gear

Standard climbing gear + cams from .5-2", draws.Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.