Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Bignick

Bignick - Oct 16, 2014 1:55 am - Voted 10/10

Terrific Report

I enjoyed reading your report and looking at your pictures. I did the Robinson Variation many years ago. I hiked in Broads Fork 2 days ago and to Lake Blanche last week. Great job guys!

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Oct 16, 2014 11:23 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Terrific Report

Thanks, Bignick. Cottonwood Ridge is one of my favorite areas in the Wasatch.

MrWasatch

MrWasatch - Oct 16, 2014 3:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Well done!

Great trip report - one of the best in terms of descriptions and pictures that I've ever seen... thanks for sharing this.

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Oct 16, 2014 11:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Well done!

Thanks! Your website was another one of those invaluable resources that helped us complete this hike (not sure how our Dromedary descent would have gone if we'd taken the southeast ridge instead), and I can definitely relate to your feeling of satisfaction upon getting to the top of Sunrise. I check your site regularly for ideas on our next Wasatch hike, so thanks for putting it up!

David Mortensen

David Mortensen - Oct 20, 2014 11:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice work!

You wrote another amazing trip report. That really was a great day. The pictures turned out really nice, and once again your descriptions are right on!

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Oct 20, 2014 11:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice work!

Thanks, David! This summer we did some pretty tough hikes, so next summer we'll have to mix in some easier ones as well.

drobrecht - Mar 3, 2016 1:33 am - Hasn't voted

Hope to follow!

Thanks for the great trip report. Fun to read these while staying off the high peaks for the winter. I tried a triple traverse fall of 2015 via Ferguson Canyon/Storm Mt, but turned into Broads Fork after Jepsen's due to some rain/hail and the fact that I was solo on unfamiliar terrain. This will have to wait for next year!

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Mar 3, 2016 11:55 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hope to follow!

Thanks. During winter I mostly stay off the high peaks as well, so it's a good time to make plans for later when the snow melts. I still need to check out Ferguson Canyon and Storm Mountain some time (that view of Storm Mountain from the Big Cottonwood Canyon Road near the Mule Hollow Trailhead makes me drool), and going that way probably gave you even more fun scrambling leading up to doing the Triple. Have fun when you get around to completing it, and hopefully you have dry weather!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Good Things Come in Threes - Triple Traverse' main page