GR 20, Corsica

GR 20, Corsica

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Introduction

I hiked the GR 20 ('Gran Randonnée) in Corsica from South to North (from Conca to Calenzana).

The trail is about 180 km long and goes across the island of Corsica in the Mediterrean Sea.

I flew to Bastia, then hitchhiked and took a bus to Sainte-Lucie-de-Porto-Vecchio. From there I shared a bus to Conca, where the trail starts.

The whole trail is generally done in 15 days, covering 15 stages. Some stages are quite short, so it is possible to do two stages in one day. I did the whole trail in 13 days, including three off-trail summits (Monte d'Oro, Paglia Orbu and Monte Cinto).

There are several refuges to stay in along the GR20. You can also pitch your own tent, or rent one of the already pitched tents near the refuges. Dinners are available at the huts, but also an external kitchen to cook you own food.

It was an unforgetteable experience, with sunny weather and so many great people along the trail.

In this album some of the best photos.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Senad Rizvanovic

Senad Rizvanovic - Sep 12, 2010 10:58 pm - Voted 10/10

hello...

Nice album!

ncst

ncst - Sep 16, 2010 3:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks!|

Glad you like it. Regards.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.