Hancock Hill Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Jshaw

Jshaw - Oct 17, 2011 7:13 pm Date Climbed: Oct 6, 2011

Another day off to hike  Sucess!

I keep researching hikes that are close to Boston and look easy enough for my dog and this one looked good in the WMG book. Unfortunately, a car accident almost two years ago has ended my running and sprint triathlon passtimes but I learned that I can hike. I'm slow but steady and as long as I have plenty of ice when I'm finished, I can walk the next day. I started out big last October in CA at Yosemite. What a great vacation! Since I am recovering from these old injuries,the Mount Hancock hike was great for me. It started out pretty level so I was able to warm up. There were tons of river crossings, some of them were wide and deep! I don't think this would be a good hike in the spring. Plenty of water for my dog to drink. We did the North Summit first and it was hard for only .7 mi. There was a small overlook with great views and the trail to the South Summit was a nice break after the very long .7 mi. It was a bit chilly up there but not unbearable. The South Summit overlook was tiny but again there was some really nice views. It is a long hike but pretty easy overall. This fall I have started working on the 4,000 ft list of mountains in NH. So far this fall my dog and I have bagged six peaks on the list.

EastKing

EastKing - May 16, 2010 12:49 pm Date Climbed: Jan 8, 2004

Cold Day  Sucess!

First Hill I hit during my visit to the Blue Hills.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Hancock Hill' main page