Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Gabriele Roth

Gabriele Roth - Mar 9, 2009 5:19 pm - Voted 10/10

fine !

thanks for refreshing my memory :)

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 10, 2009 1:13 pm - Hasn't voted

That's a fine page...

...of a great route!

But one is your personal view, which can be expressed in an album or trip report, the other is a route page. I believe that route pages, mountain pages, area pages etc. should use all available information on SP. So, you're encouraged to use also pictures of other members. There are many great pictures, which can illustrate Haute Route on this page.

Cheers!
Vid

as

as - Mar 11, 2009 6:38 am - Hasn't voted

Re: That's a fine page...

Hello Vid,
I think the route description is objective and not a like a trip report, and I have in fact included a couple of pics from other members illustrating areas where I had no informative photos. I will look for more, suggestions are more than welcome, but only informative photos ! ciao andrea

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 11, 2009 3:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: That's a fine page...

Thanks for your answer, Andrea! Eh, I just wanted to tease you a little bit, to make the page even better, ha, ha. And I wanted to wait one more day before putting it on the the first page of SP.
Cheers!
Vid

JanG

JanG - Mar 18, 2009 8:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Super report!

Congratulations on an outstanding report. Great photos! I have been hoping (for a long time)that somebody would take the time & post a thorough description of this great route with useful photos to match! You have certainly exceeded my expectations.

A couple of comments: The "classic" route actually was Argentiere to Saas Fee (continuing from Zermatt via the Adler Pass) and it should be noted that many skiers do the Haute Route in the opposite direction (from Saas Fee [or Zermatt] to Chamonix)in order to crown the achievement with a ski descent of the Vallee Blanche (from the Aiguille du Midi).

Another point to be emphasized is one should be quite generous with the time allocation because of the predictable, expected interruptions due to bad weather. To emphasize this point, I should mention that I was not as lucky to be able to complete the whole tour in just one try. My first attempt was in 1976 (starting late in April from Zermatt) and I was only able to complete the Haute Route (from Argentiere) in 1994 due to weather interruptions.

Once again, a great report!

Cheers,

JanG

as

as - Mar 19, 2009 6:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Super report!

Thanks for your comments.
There are many variants to the route, and I shall add some note about these, but I have no direct experience of these and I cannot give detailed description. Thanks again, andrea.

vvujisic

vvujisic - Mar 24, 2009 4:12 am - Voted 10/10

Great page!

Really excellent contribution and description of that legendary route! Two months ago i was watching the movie on the Travel Channell about that route. Congratulations As!

as

as - Mar 24, 2009 6:46 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page!

thanks a lot Vlado !

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Haute Route Chamonix-Zermatt' main page