Huachuca Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
hgrapid

hgrapid - Oct 28, 2015 11:36 am - Hasn't voted

Summit view photos?

Have any summit view photos to add?

mstender

mstender - Oct 28, 2015 12:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Summit view photos?

I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked to since my memory was full (duh!) but I just added a few pictures made by Scott Peavy, one of my partners on the hike.

KarenF - Jan 3, 2024 1:40 pm - Hasn't voted

trailhead correction

If anyone ever reads this correction, this route write up says, "After 2.3 miles you will come to a major Y-junction; turn right here. After another mile or so you will come to a saddle which offer expansive views in all directions."

In order to get to the trailhead, you actually want to turn LEFT at the major Y-junction. In about 75 yards the trailhead sign is on the right, set back a few yards from the old two track. This sign shows a distance of 2 1/2 miles to the peak. Taking the right described in the original post sends you almost a mile up a rocky road in the wrong direction before you finally reach the Crest Trail and then turn left and start heading towards the correct trail. You can get to the peak by either route, but the road route is longer, less pleasant and misses a nice, piney section of the trail. Leonard Taylor's trail map of the Huachucas and Trails of the Huachucas trail guide are very useful in correctly showing this route.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Huachuca Peak' main page