Humpback Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Dean

Dean - Dec 23, 2002 4:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting mountain that will be totally out of reach for 99% of us but an attention grabber by the way you've put your page together. I particularly like the information you have under "Getting There" Nicely done.

peakwolf

peakwolf - Dec 23, 2002 4:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, I agree it is a difficult trip to afford. I guess I wanted to point out that it is not impossible to go on a trip like that and do a first ascent of some other amazing summit down there and that there are outfitters who cater to climbers. These trips are pricey compared to other places in the world, but they are once-in-a-lifetime kind of trips that you might be able to save up for over time. They did say our group was an average age 20 years younger than they usually get and I think most of us were early to late 40's. This gives you an idea of who can afford to go! On the other hand I ski with some 60 year olds that can kick my butt.....

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Dec 23, 2002 9:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Peakwolf:



Damn! You've been very busy I see! Congratulations on your first summit of this mountain in a very wonderful (and cold) part of the world. What an adventure! The page is very well done!

Dave K - Dec 23, 2002 9:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page with gorgeous pictures!

peakwolf

peakwolf - Dec 24, 2002 9:30 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks David, The amazing thing is this was our worse photo day. The weather was horrible, snowing hard most of the day, and we were using our little point-and-shoot film camera. The digital ones (like the iceberg photo) were better. Too bad summitpost doesn't have a place to just post more general pics of places that are not on a posted mountain. The other cool places we saw really didn't have peaks associated with them.

Kane

Kane - Dec 25, 2002 10:02 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Wow!! I bet you'll never forget that adventure! I don't really know why but looking at recent photos of Antarctica taken only 2 weeks ago is kind of strange to me.

peakwolf

peakwolf - Dec 26, 2002 8:32 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Yeah its hard to imagine that less than 2 weeks ago we were thousands of miles away! The hardest thing for me being back is how early it gets dark. Oh yeah its WAY colder here. We went backcountry skiing yesterday and I froze!

Peak Freak

Peak Freak - May 2, 2003 11:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great to see information on Antarctica. Thank you for sharing!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Humpback Peak' main page