Julian Pre-Alps from Udine

Julian Pre-Alps from Udine

Just an illustration, how appealing the Julian Pre-Alps are seen from the castle of Udine/Videm. The long crest of Gran Monte - Stol is ended on the right with Kanin group. February, 2008.
Vid Pogachnik
on Mar 4, 2008 11:49 am
Image Type(s): Panorama
Image ID: 385622

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
ganesh70

ganesh70 - Mar 4, 2008 12:48 pm - Voted 10/10

So

you visited my home town! I hope you liked it.
I think this is a very nice view, especially at sunrise.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 4, 2008 4:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: So

Yes, we were hiking around in Julians and came early in the morning in Udine. We really enjoyed the whole half of the day there. Piazza della Republica, the castle, Duomo, the beautiful square with the market,... those were the highlights.

Please see some great pictures of Udine in my Picasa public album:

Udine-Cuar

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Mar 5, 2008 2:39 am - Voted 10/10

Re: So

You did a very nice tour in Friuli, from the sea to the mountains! And you climbed "my" mountain, Monte Cuar ( I live at its feet, maybe you went through the village by car ). It's not very high but the view from the summit is really nice, especially in winter.
I like very much the photos, why don't you post the page of the mountain?

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 5, 2008 4:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: So

...why don't you post the page of the mountain?

Because I'd like to ask you for permission first :)
It's your home mountain, so I'd really prefer if you do the page. Only if you refuse, I'll start writing. My pictures will come anyway.

Ciao!

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Mar 5, 2008 5:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: So

I prefer not to post pages about this mountains around me, so I'd be happy to see your page on SP, I'm sure you can do a very good job. If you need some info I'll be glad to help you. This mountain is very popular among the local hikers and there are several routes and approaches for the summit. If I find some time I'll go up one of this days to take some pics from another point of view.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5