Kanisfluh in early May

Kanisfluh in early May

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Panorama

Kanisfluh (Holenke) 2044m

The hike up —I started in Au— is fairly boring, but the view from the top is not too bad, and the intriguing artwork (Horizon Field) just below the summit is, I think, really special. Au is at a little over 800m, so you gain about 1250m. The most exciting part during my ascent, in early May, was the swamp area just before the Wurzachalpe, where I saw literally hundreds of frogs hopping around me in the snow.

The Damülser Mountains in the Bregenzerwald Range

The Kanisfluh belongs to the Damülser Mountains, which in turn belong to the Bregenzerwald Range. See this excellent map. As neither the Damülser nor the Bregenzerwald Mountains are on SP, and as most of the peaks seen on these summit panoramas are actually in the Lechquellen Range, immediately to the south-east of the Damülser Mountains, which is on SP, that seemed like the best parent for this modest album.

Horizon Field by Antony Gormley

The sculpture directly in front of me is part of the Horizon Field installation by British sculptor Antony Gormley. I guess it is no longer there, as the project was scheduled to end in 2012. Here is what Gormley himself has to say about it, along with 20 photos.



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.