La Besurta

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.62947°N / 0.69852°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Pla d Aigualluts

This is the most frequented route to climb the Tuc de Mulleres, but the route is not easy to find. In some places of the route don't exist signals and the use of a map and good orientation are necessary.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to La Besurta, trailhead of the route.

Route Description

Path to Aigualluts
Waterfall of Aigualluts

You will begin the route in La Besurta (1920m), next to the people who walk in direction to the Aneto crossing the river. In a few of minutes you will arrive at the signal that indicates Refugio de Renclusa to the right and Aigualluts to the left. You will turn in direction to Forau d’Aigualluts following the path well marked in the forest and the grass until descending to a great plateau. In the final of plateau is the beautiful place of Forau d’Aigualluts where's the river Garonne's born from glacier of Aneto rising from a hole with some nice waterfalls.

You'll follow the cairns in a new plateau in direction to left. You'll see two valleys in front of us, both sides of peak Aigualluts, the right side is the access to Barrancs, approach to Col of Salenques, but you'll walk to left where's the entry to Mulleres. After some zig zag among the rocks you'll arrive to a small lake (2210m). The path go in left side to Lac Coth deth Horo, but you'll go to right without path in direction to a great col. After a long ramp you'll arrive to this visible col where's the Lake. In the lake of Escaleta (2445m) you'll turn to right near the river to a big lake, it's the Lago Superior de la Escaleta (2630m) and you'll turn to left side to walk the long ramp to the great shoulder of Tuc de Mulleres. The ramp is long but is the only obstacle to conquer the peak and with patience you'll reach the long shoulder and you'll walk to right without problems to the summit.

Essential Gear

Ramp to summit

Map, compass.

In winter and first weeks of spring (april-may-june) is necessary the use of
crampons and ice-axe in the ramp to access to Lago Superior and the ramp to get the shoulder. In winter is one o the most popular climbs with ski, a very good option.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.