Lago superiore di Fusine

Lago superiore di Fusine

Lago superiore di Fusine - Mangart. Foto Claudio Costerni n.251003-396268
claudioNC
on Sep 23, 2008 11:57 am
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 445833

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Kaallin Krimp

Kaallin Krimp - Sep 24, 2008 1:46 pm - Voted 10/10

You have

some really great photos presented here. Am I right thinking you're using HDR? Either way you're images has a great dynamic range. I like it!
Cheers

claudioNC

claudioNC - Sep 25, 2008 11:54 am - Hasn't voted

Re: You have

Yes Kaallin has a good DR, but this is not done exactly with this technique as today we know, but with a long local manual enhancement.
The biggest problem for this is the sun directly in the lens. Also this panoramic is a multishot composition for larger view/resolution. Ciao e grazie!
Claudio

Kaallin Krimp

Kaallin Krimp - Sep 25, 2008 6:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: You have

Impressive! I see that I have much to learn :) I'm experimenting with HDR myself, but I have a problem getting the "crispy sharpness" in my shots. Thanks for sharing yours, it's an inspiration!
Kaallin

nikolai79

nikolai79 - Nov 8, 2008 5:06 pm - Voted 10/10

This time there isn´t a tree

This is really difficult again. I read some days ago about HDR as Kaallin said, and I was thinking you´re using in some of your pictures this technique.

The way you reconstruct the reallity it´s an art.

Congratulations again master!

claudioNC

claudioNC - Nov 8, 2008 10:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: This time there isn´t a tree

No, actualy here was not, but we can always immagine it ...:-) This help the work in postproducion: stimulate the fantasy to do also a good work with your computer!
Ciao
Claudio

EricChu

EricChu - Dec 6, 2009 8:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful shot again!

It was interesting to read the comments above...as I'm not such a "profi", can you explain to me what HDR is?

claudioNC

claudioNC - Dec 14, 2009 11:52 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful shot again!

Hello Maurice,

thank you for all your comments posted to me.

HDR mean High Dynamic Range.
My explanation for you is that HDR is a photographic technique (procedure-routine) used for exceed the limits of a single shot with high contrasted scenes.
The limits are both of the digital and the film.

The purpose is, to do things that are impossible with a single aperture and shutter speed, and at the end, to obtain not burned, read detailed, highlights and avoid undetailed and too closed darks.
This technique consist first in taking a series of images with different exposures (usually from 2 to 6, but sometimes more) and then, in a manual and/or automatic post-processing, combining them, adjusting the contrast ratios and so on ...

The WEB is full of HDR shots, and is also full of poor or very poor executions!
But yet, (and for example look at in Flickr and Panoramio) a lots of crazy comments are:
wow!, wonderfull, magnificent, super!!!, fantastic photo!, just like a painting!, outstanding!!, very nice, ES UNA FOTO MARAVILLOSA, Uau, lugar lindíssimo e uma foto digna de ser premiada, super!!!!!!!!, Beeindruckendes Foto, Wunderschön!!, breathtaking!, O...incredible!!!!!!, Es una foto increible!!!

Yes this is really incredible, I say ...

Please if you want more info, type HDR in Google, Wikipedia, etc. searcher and you find a lot of other explanations!

My best Regards
Claudio

EricChu

EricChu - Dec 14, 2009 3:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Beautiful shot again!

Thanks a lot dear Claudio!

As to all the comments one reads in Flickr, Panoramio and various other photo blogs and wonders oftentimes what the hell they're all talking about...I don't disagree!! ;-)

All the best to you,

Eric (MauriceRavel)

Viewing: 1-8 of 8