Lakes of Arriel

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.83280°N / 0.2906°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: F+ (easy sup)
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the main page to approach to La Sarra or Respumoso.

Note about GPX file: it's a combination of Lakes of Arriel and Comba Vallot routes. In the route Aiguille Cadier-North you have the combination with the other route. The route of lakes of Arriel is easier and it's the most frequent for descent from the others, but a lot of mountaineers using the other to walk in circle because the ascent from lakes of Arriel to the peaks it's a little boring for ascent-descent.

Route Description

Just up to the second Lago Inferior de Arriel it's the same route of Lakes of Arriel to Balaitous (the turn in the path of refuge of Respumoso in the middle to the lakes it's the only point to be attentive).

In the second inferior lake you can see the path between the grass to the left, this it's the path to Lake Superior and for Balaitous, you must leave this path to the right side following the cairns of stones to the great corridor between the ridge Wallon (left) and ridge Robach (right). In the upper side of this corridor you can see the ridge of Frondiellas and the Frondiellas South in the right side. The beggining it's a little confuse but the itinerary are visible (except in foggy days) across tha hillside and the lot of stones (many cairns). Generally the normal way it's the climb to the left side just the Frondiella Central across greats stones of climb grade I. If you desire the climb of the Frondiella Western (or South) it's better the climb from this side and not for the exposed ridge between the 2 peaks of this side.
In the Frondiella Central you can see finally the main summit of Frondiella (3071m) and you can reach it across a wide ridge of grade I+, not exposed.
The descent is for the same route.

Essential Gear

In winter crampons and ice-axe.
Rope it's advisable for the ridge between Frondiella central and Western

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.