Lakes of Rocky Mountain National Park

Lakes of Rocky Mountain National Park

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Lakes of Rocky Mountain National Park

One of my first hikes in Rocky Mountain National Park was in Wild Basin, to Bluebird Lake. The scenery of the entire hike was spectacular, but my fondest memory was of the beauty of Bluebird Lake.

Since that hike, I have tried to reach as many of the lakes in RMNP as I can. However, since I live in Indiana, and I only get to RMNP at most one week per year I have visited less than one quarter of the Park's lakes. Apparently there are over 150 named lakes in the Park. Due to this, I have searched through SP and have attached many amazing pictures of the Lakes of Rocky Mountain National Park from other SP members. Thank you very much for posting these great pictures. Researching SP for these lakes has made me realize that I have so many more trails to hike in RMNP, and so many incredible lakes to see.

This is a public album. Please attach your favorite pictures of The Lakes of Rocky Mountain National Park.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
rmhiker

rmhiker - Oct 23, 2009 9:41 am - Voted 10/10

Great Work

I love this album. When I get a chance, I'll try to post a few photos that don't duplicate what you have.

Lackland

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Oct 24, 2009 8:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Work

Glad you like this. Feel free to add some additional photos, even if there are a few duplicates.

I love alpine lakes, and RMNP sure has enough of them. I hope to get to most of them over time.

Thanks for visiting,
Mark

joegrim

joegrim - Apr 13, 2010 11:22 am - Voted 10/10

Map of all RMNP lakes

A few years ago, I decided to create a map showing all the lakes in the park. It's on my website at http://www.joeandfrede.com/colorado/RMNP_named_lakes.htm#map Feel free to use the maps or link to them if you want. -Joe

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Apr 13, 2010 10:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Map of all RMNP lakes

Joe,
Thanks for the link. I've only just browsed a little at this point, but it looks like you have a ton of great shots in your website.

Happy Trails,
Mark

Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.