Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 38.84060°N / 105.0439°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 13, 2004
On August 13, I woke up at about 4am in Fairplay,Co. At first, I liked to hike at Mt. Bross, Democrat and Lincoln. So I drove north to Alma, Kite Lake Rd. I arrived at Kite Lake, and it was still dark. I saw the sign that I had to pay fee to park overnight. I did not have any change at that time. So I drove down. I realized that I didn't have to pay because I did not stay overnight. HOW DUM I AM!!!! So, I drove to Pike Peak. I took HW 24, and it took about 1 or 2 hours. At first, I saw the sign, but I didn't take that exist. I was lose. I drove, drove and drove until I found my map. Then, I realized that I should take that road to exist. So I had to turn back. And finally, get back to PIKE PEAK HIGH WAY-- The Pike Peak Toll Road. It was a beautifull day. The first about ten miles are paved road. And the rest of the road is a dirt road. There were not much cloud either. So it was very clear on that day. I arrived at the Peak at about 8:30 am. It was cold and windy. There were a lot of people at the top ready. People rode mountain bike, hiking, and did other things. And I saw the tram coming up to Pike Peak. They came out from the tram, did some sightseeing, took some pictures, and rode the SAME tram down. I had so much fun up there. I brought a pin for my son at the shop. I took many beautifull pictures and made some radio contacts with my ham radio. I got down the mountain at about 10: 00am. On the way down, many cars were slowing down. It was because many mountain RAMs were running across the toll road. People were coming out and took pictures; it caused a traffic jam for couple minutes. But everybody took nice pictures. I had so fun up there. Aftrer that, I drove to Buena Vista KOA, and settle a night at KOA. Next year, I will go back there again.

Comments

No comments posted yet.