Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Klenke

Klenke - Nov 19, 2003 6:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. I suppose you're in the process of making a mountain page for every 12'er in Idaho, as I see you just made a new page for Mt. Church. Leatherman's exact GPS coordinates are 44.082, -113.733; I think you forgot to put a decimal place in for your numbers.

IdahoClimber

IdahoClimber - Nov 20, 2003 10:08 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I didn't know where was the correct place to put the decimel points. Corrected now, thanks for the catch.



But I disagree (Or at least The National Geographic Map program does) on the GPS coordinates. Where did you get yours?



Placing the GPS cursor directly on the summit I come up with



44 04.924 N

113043.993 W



I will field verify next time I am there to determine what the exact coordinates are.



Will keep working on the page.



Thanks for the feedback.



Nic

Klenke

Klenke - Nov 20, 2003 2:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Your coordinates are identical to mine. You are decimalizing in the minutes (DD MM.MMM), where as I am decimalizing out to degrees (DD.DDD). My coordinates do match up with the summit. I think you may have inputed into Topozone one type when you thought you were inputting the other.

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Nov 19, 2003 11:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great Job! Nice to see Idaho's second highest added and more of there 12ers.

IdahoClimber

IdahoClimber - Nov 20, 2003 10:11 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Plan to add both the Sawmill Gulch and backside routes as soon as I can get on my computer away from work.



Thanks for checking on the peak. Planning to add all 12ers in the next few months.



Nic

desainme

desainme - Nov 20, 2003 12:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

In case you every wondered where those great tool combos are made... Really this is a fine page that tells you how to get to the top of the 2nd peak of Idaho.

rpc

rpc - Nov 20, 2003 12:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice job.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Nov 20, 2003 8:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Idaho Climber,

Another nice page. Leatherman Peak is definately on my wish list if I can ever get my sorry carcass out of CO. Since you were once a resident of Colorado how would you characterize the difference between the two states mountains? I am realy glad to see information building on Idaho summits. Thank You.

Jon Bradford

IdahoClimber

IdahoClimber - Nov 21, 2003 9:55 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Comparing Idaho to Colorado . .



I would say that the climbs in Idaho offer far less people, have more scree, and are more rugged (very few marked trails).



On the flip side there is less information, access to some peaks is tough, and it takes a while from Boise to get to some of the prime trailheads.



The Sawtooth's and Lost River Range are the best that Idaho has to offer and they are equally as good as any range in Colorado.



Let me know if you decide to come Idaho way.

wannabehigh - Nov 22, 2003 3:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice pics! Especially that 2nd one on the bottom......must have been a pretty good photographer you brought up there with ya.;).

Got any holiday plans?

brendon

brendon - Mar 10, 2005 3:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Doing well on your new pages.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - May 4, 2005 2:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

A beautiful mountain! More photos on the route pages or main page of the routes themselves would entice me to take a trip to Idaho and climb the thing!

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Leatherman Peak' main page