Liesinger Hochalm

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.65680°N / 12.80620°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See the main page for the general "Getting There" information. You need to leave B111 southwards between Liesing and St. Lorenzen to get to the village of Obergail. Drive on through to the end. There is a restaurant - "Mühlenstüberl" - 200m after which you will find ample parking space. The trail is marked 13, later 17.

Route Description


  • General data
      - Start altitude: 1174m
      - Summit altitude: 2251m
      - Prevailing exposition: N
      - Type: 1h over forest roads. 2h over paths
      - Protection: marked
  • Effort: 1100m of altitude gain, 7km distance to the summit.
  • Power: 1 - no difficulties
  • Psyche: 1 - easy
  • Orientation: 1 - easy

    From the Mühlenstüberl Restaurant follow the forest road into Obergailer Tal. It descends to the creek running through the valley. Here a second forest road turns east in the direction of Steineckenalm (markers). This road runs level to the Alm first northward but in the end turning east again. At Steineckenalm you leave the road (trail marked 17; you could also follow the road further - it meets the footpath again later on).

    Now a steep scramble along blueberry-covered meadows follows. The trail runs along the Gossenbach creek and meets the road again at Bödenhütte (1700m). Here turn right onto the road which winds to Kaserfeldhütte. But shortly before you reach this hut trail 17 turns north, leaving the road and steeply ascending towards the Mittagskofel summit block.

    At Liesinger Hochalm (1900m) you can enjoy the first real view of the Steinwand - Edigon - Raudenspitze north faces. The trail now gets to the back (south) of the Mittagskofel summit block. Here the Obergailer Tal Route joins the trail and the final summit ascent happens from the pass between Marchkofel and Mittagskofel.

    Essential Gear


    Normal hiking gear is sufficient.


  • Parents 

    Parents

    Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.