Lizard Head Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 55
Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Nov 5, 2003 10:20 pm - Voted 1/10

Untitled Comment

I have been hoping somebody would eventually add this peak. I've long awaited this one. Nice to see it added. Looking foward to the pics of it.

Nice job on the write up!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Nov 6, 2003 5:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Steve-You chimed in early! Thanks for your support. With some route submissions from some members, I'm hoping to make SP the best place to find info on Lizard Head. We'll see what happens.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Nov 5, 2003 10:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Aaron,

I am impressed by your undertaking to represent this mountain. Your information is excellent (I am a sucker for anything geological), your prose is florid, and the overall package is near perfect. Thank you for sharing your knowledge of Colorado's most distinct mountian. So... you think we could get them to put the Lizard Head on Colorado's commeorative quarter?

Jon Bradford

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Nov 6, 2003 5:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Jon-thanks for the kind words and nice vote. Your support packs a lot of punch for me. The page will be perfect when Jon Prater (hopefully) and a few others find it in their good graces to submit a good route description with photos. I'm hoping to make SP the authority on the net concerning this great mountain. The quarter idea is very good-do you know something that others don't?



Be sure to see the Lizard Head thread in the Rockies section of the message board.

Drazil

Drazil - Nov 6, 2003 7:49 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Nov 6, 2003 5:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Drazil-"Excellent" is a favorite word of mine that I weild carefully. You flatter me with it here. I hope to justify it as the Lizard Head page evolves into the internet authority on the mountain.



I've followed your travels on SP-you get around! After Aconcagua, I'm surprised to see you "toodling around" on my little page, but I sincerely thank you for your time and vote. Stop by again (on my other pages) when you get the hankerin' to do so.

Drazil

Drazil - Nov 7, 2003 12:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I do not use 'excellent' freely myself!

Thanks for checking out my postings - I have been really busy since Aconcagua and have not gotten around to adding much since. However I hope that by this time next year, I can add a few climbs :-) Working on a trip right now ...



Keep up the great work.

Liz

Drazil

Drazil - Nov 7, 2003 12:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

PS: Enjoyed your page greatly as I am not only interested in large peaks - the summit of Lizard head is very interesting. Have you climbed it ?

Liz

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Nov 17, 2003 9:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Drazil-No, I have not climbed Lizard Head and don't intend to. But I really felt strongly about it being on SP, for the good of the site, if you will, because Lizard Head is an important Colorado mountain, and the most dangerous, according to those that climb it. It's my hope that a route submission with photos from an SP member or two will complete the page. No one that has climbed it has offered to maintain the page, so for now, I gladly accept that responsibility. Thanks for stopping in!

Velebit

Velebit - Nov 6, 2003 8:06 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great job results in beautiful and informative page! Very interesting mountain.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Nov 6, 2003 5:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you! I have enjoyed your work and photos, and touring your lovely Velebit through SP. Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the 4 star vote. I hope to justify all the nice votes by evolving the Lizard Head page into the internet authority on the mountain. Your suport in this matter is evident and appreciated!

Fred Spicker

Fred Spicker - Nov 6, 2003 8:12 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page. At least one "pointy" mountain in CO.

mtnhiker13

mtnhiker13 - Nov 6, 2003 8:39 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

As always a very thorough and complete page covering all aspects of the mountain. The climbing pictures are incredible. Shall we put it on the schedule for next summer? :-)

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Nov 6, 2003 5:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Sweetheart! Thanks for your kind words. The hike to this mountain is gorgeous. We should think about it.

nader

nader - Nov 6, 2003 9:05 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page. Loved your signature photo (to say the least).

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Nov 6, 2003 5:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Nader-Nice of you to drop by. I haven't checked, but I'm assuming you submitted the requested picture. It will, of course, be the signature photo as spring approaches. Glad you like the page, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm hoping with some route submissions, Lizard Head will be represented with authority and better represented than anywhere else on the net at SP.

Andy

Andy - Nov 6, 2003 9:22 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Yet another great contribution to SP. Thanks!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Nov 6, 2003 5:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Andy-thank you. Years ago I might have tried this mountain. I get the impression that like me, you never will. Perhaps you'll surprise me. In any case, you stopped by and voted and I appreciate that. Glad you liked it, even if you never climb it.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Nov 6, 2003 9:28 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Outstanding! Very well presented with clear, concise info. The links are great and contribute well to the page. Thanks for adding the The Standard Route section. Is there a reference for your standard route description?



Thanks for submitting this spectacular peak!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Nov 6, 2003 5:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Alan-in the links, there is a route description submitted by Peter Gram to Climbing Boulder.com. His route description sounds thorough enough to get an idea of what you would need and expect, but with enough left out to still have the thrill of the unknown. Be sure to check it out. Did you see Andrew Gram's photos? Anyway, I paraphrased the text for the standard route overview from his description.

Viewing: 1-20 of 55
Return to 'Lizard Head' main page