Lodge Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 19.04000°N / 99.26°W
Additional Information Route Type: pretty basic hike/scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: hike up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


. To get to the base of the climb follow the directions in the 'getting there section' on the main page and when you get to the Parque Nacional Cumbres de Ajusco entrance make your way to 'the refugio'. There is a parking here as well to keep things simple. From there the trail is clearly marked up the North side of the peak.


Route Description


The lodge route ascends up the northern side of the peak up onto the western ridge of the blown out caldera. It is clearly marked and should take between 2-4 hours roundtrip based on one’s level of fitness. Once you clear the tree line the trail noticeably steepens and there is a profundity of loose rock. Once you gain the NW ridge the route remains clearly marked and readily visible to the naked eye. Follow the trail up to the Cruz de la Marquesa summit and it you wish also head up the Pico de Aguila summit as well. One would have to work very hard to get lost on this peak.

Essential Gear


Lots of water, all weather gear, sturdy boots and sunscreen are all important when you climb at this altitude. An alpenstock or ski poles would also be useful on both the ascent and the descent. If you are planning on any bouldering or free climbinga chalk bag is also a good idea.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AjuscoRoutes