Looking down from summit

Looking down from summit

Keith looking down from the summit of Petit Grepon, past his shoes, to the SE arete. I'm belaying from the top of the 7th pitch. What a view! (Sept 3, 2006).
jtschanz
on Sep 7, 2006 4:57 pm
Image Type(s): Rock Climbing
Image ID: 223743

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
rpc

rpc - Sep 7, 2006 5:15 pm - Voted 10/10

NICE!

I see your CO trip was productive Jim!! Great looking climb - how did you like it?

jtschanz

jtschanz - Sep 7, 2006 5:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: NICE!

Thanks! Very cool climb - the final 3 pitches alone make it worth its classic status. We lucked out with being the only ones on the route, and we had perfect weather (no thunderstorms!). Highly recommended - lots of other good routes in the area. Didn't want to come home!

rpc

rpc - Sep 7, 2006 5:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: NICE!

Those ridge shots look pretty incredible. Also, can't believe you guys had it all to yourselves. On the flip side, we tried and tried to get on the Regular Rt of Fairview (another 50 Classic) and failed (party on top of a party - total cluster f...)

THink you need to camp out at the base for a couple of days waiting in line :(

What else did you guys hit in CO? WHere's H. off to - Devils Tower?

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Sep 7, 2006 6:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: NICE!

Yes, cool shots!

Haydar and I were supposed to do a 5 day trip to the Pasayten Wilderness to climb the Southeast Buttress of Cathedral, the North Face of Amphiteather, and either the Ka-aba Buttress or the Middle Finger Buttress this weekend. Unfortuantely, I contracted a SEVERE case of poison ivy in Illinois and am covered and doped up on medication. A fitting end to a dissapointing year for me.

jtschanz

jtschanz - Sep 7, 2006 8:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: NICE!

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, Martin! Illinois sucks ... don't go there! Really sorry to hear that you won't be taking the Pasayten trip - I have been wanting to check that place out too. Hope you get better soon ...

jtschanz

jtschanz - Sep 7, 2006 8:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: NICE!

Wow, too bad about the Regular Rt. Maybe you need to pick a good weather day and start climbing in late afternoon?

I did just the Direct East Face on 1st Flatiron, and then Petit. We hiked to do Sharkstooth the next day but I bailed to catch a flight. Don't know where the man is now - I haven't heard from him! Lucky bastard :)

rpc

rpc - Sep 7, 2006 8:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: NICE!

...that's what we thought too.
First time, got to base of rock at 7am to find a party of 3 (leader stuck 20 ft up P1) and party of 4 waiting in line. Second try (different day), got there at 2pm to see 3 folks waiting for P1, party of 2 on P2, party of 3 on P3.

Heh, heh....cluster f..ing F..K!!

"Don't know where the man is now - I haven't heard from him! Lucky bastard :)"

Yeah - I'm jealous too :)

rpc

rpc - Sep 7, 2006 8:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: NICE!

Holy sh!t Martin!! What were you doing over there???!! I did not think they even HAD any sort of vegetation in IL other than co'n?

As for the season, I'm just waiting for the nice cragging season to begin :)
Take care Martin.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8