Lost Lake Butte Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.49587°N / 121.79588°W
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Nothing fancy here. Easy trail with 1330 feet of elevation over 1.9 miles. The trail is mostly viewless through forest but the summit makes it worth it with amazing views of Hood and several other Cascade giants.

Getting There

See the Getting There section of the main page for directions. Once you are in the park, follow the road to the General Store. Go in and purchase your parking permit (see Red Tape section). The trailhead starts at the back of the store or you can drive the campground roads back and find an open spot to park. Look for the trail again at the entrance to Campground Loop B. If in doubt of which trail (as there are many side trails to campgrounds), just head up.

Route Description

This is an easy hike through beargrass and forest trees. At one point near the trailhead, there is a side trail to the left but that only goes to some campsites. Just head up 1.9 miles to the summit. There are a few easy switchbacks near the top. Once on the summit ridge, head right (south) to the best viewpoint at the site of the old lookout.

Essential Gear

None needed.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.