Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Jan 7, 2011 8:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Uphill Access

I checked on the access regs after reading your route posting because I was always under the impression that since the ski area is on public land, it is open to the public. To clarify the rules, I contacted the Clear Creek District ranger (Deb Exstrand) in charge of ski area dealings.
"Uphill Access" is a public right but the pathway of access is designated by the ski area, specifically, the "Ski Patrol". The path can be moved due to area maintenance and the ranger I spoke with suggested checking with the patrol to locate the current access path.
The parking lot is open to the public with no restrictions.
For further questions-District office phone # is 303-567-3000

Foxy Long Bottoms

Foxy Long Bottoms - Jan 24, 2011 5:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Uphill Access

Thanks Bill. I will add this information to my page.

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Feb 12, 2011 5:44 pm - Hasn't voted

parking for off season

Something you might want to add to the red tape section. I hiked this mountain in June 2010. Finding parking was a small problem. The ski area parking is closed with signs along the road that says, "No Parking". The closest I could park was just off the ramp coming off of I-70 and walk along the road to the ski area.

Berger

Berger - Feb 12, 2011 10:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: parking for off season

Thank you for pointing this out. I had this problem as well. I will add your comment. oops. This is foxy on berger's account. : )

DanTana

DanTana - Aug 12, 2012 11:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: parking for off season

Thanks, Steven. I parked along the north side of the roadway (hwy 6) about .2 miles away from the ski area parking lot. Probably could have parked a little closer, but wanted to pull well off the shoulder. It was actually a great hike once I figured out the best way to get to the pedestrian tunnel underneath I-70.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Loveland Ski Area' main page